Clive was delighted to pop along to join the Coldharbour Tenants’ and Residents’ Association today at their coffee morning to fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Clive helped raise money for the Breast Cancer Care charity on Sunday when he played in the annual Labour vs Lobby Journalists football match at the Labour Party Conference in Manchester. Continue reading
These are the notes taken during my walkabout in Avery Hill Walkabout on 12th September 2014. Issues involving specific addresses have been removed from this version to protect people’s confidentiality.
Location of Avery Hill Road crossing
- Safety rail removed – unsafe
- Gradient of slope at end of Avery Hill Road
Anstridge path – cycle route – when will work be done?
- Fence at edge of pavement?
Corner of Croyde Close – people are parking too close to corner – needs yellow lines
The pavement has been built out outside the GP at 296 Avery Hill Road which has made it more difficult to turn in
Bus shelter outside 306/8 Avery Hill Road needs seating especially for the elderly
Concerns were raised about the safety of the Cycle Lane in Avery Hill Road after new parking bays were built over the lane
Shops – should be swept 2 x day
- Dog fouling signs needed
- Cars being sold by Avery Hill Road entrance
Dry cleaners – damp caused by leaks to flats above shop – tiles need replacing – told council would deal with it
Darland House – paint fence in front
Alderwood Road parking on grass – 17-35
Teynham House – entrance door too heavy for elderly residents
- Tiles not replaced with cement and some are missing
- Communal door to stairs not shutting on 2nd floor
- Wiring hanging down throughout the building
Ospringe Court – 31-39 overflow leak
- Door 21-30 not locking
- Tiles being removed in every block but not to all the way up to the ceiling
- Old cupboards are dangerous for young children now plaster has been cut back
- 1-10 Hole with water leak in front of block
- Lift shaft flooding
- Thames Water need to check for leaks
- Paving stones at rear entrance very Four dates given for repair to be done but contractor not arrived
Garages rear of Wayfield and Teynham due for development – contact Denise Hyland
Clive recently held a walkabout in Coldharbour Estate with local residents and council officers who wanted to see improvements to the local environment. Below are some of the notes taken from the walkabout which have been sent to the Council. Their response will be posted onto the website as soon as they are available. Some points raised at the walkabout which involved specific private addresses have been deleted from this version to protect people’s confidentiality.
Clive recently held a walkabout in Eltham Town Centre with local residents who wanted to see improvements to the local environment and council officers. Below are some of the notes taken from the walkabout which have been sent to the Council. Their response will be posted onto the website as soon as they are available. Some points raised at the walkabout which involved specific private addresses have been deleted from this version to protect people’s confidentiality.